Re: Squid and Communicator Part II

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:22:12 +0200 (MET DST)

Greg Patterson wrote:

>It is clearly obvious that Netscape Communicator 4.01b6 does not benefit
>from using Squid as a caching proxy. In my case, I spend the majority of
>my time browsing the web from my bookmarks or from typing in the
>adddresses directly which is exactly when Communicator seems to send
>REFRESH requests.

Yup, has there been any progress in that area?

And if I look at my wishlist for Squid it still lists the option
to substitute _all_ Reload/Refresh/Pragma no_cache requests with
IMS ones if feasible (read the object must have a date and the server
must handle the IMS request, which should be true for the majority of
things)...

Dewa,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037