Re: Cache traffic - odd?

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 11:48:58 -0400 (EDT)

MRTG can not give an accurate representation of in/out traffic on an
Ethernet interface. I run it on several machines so that I can get a rough
idea of the *total* traffic through them (so that I can compare it to the
router and get an idea as to how many users are really using the cache),
but I can't get a good idea as to the ratio of in to out traffic. This has
to do with the way Ethernet handles packets (or so I'm told), and I don't
know of any way around it.

        -Bill