Re: Cache traffic - odd?

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 97 13:08:02 +0200

This is documented on the Web page <http://cache.cnrs.fr/MRTG/delay.html>
itself and on <http://cache.cnrs.fr/MRTG/config.html>.

> on all of the routers, it isn't right. I trust the graphs for the router's
> WAN interfaces. I also see the in and out being almost identical for the
> Ethernet interfaces even though according to ifconfig it shouldn't be.
> Someone else told me that it has to do with how Ethernet handles packets
> on the MAC layer. If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them. I

Well, "someone" doesn't seem to be very fluent at explaining things :-)

It can be many things, including a bug in the SNMP daemon (there is one
such bug in CMU-snmpd for Linux). But I still do not see how it could be
connected with "how Ethernet handles packets on the MAC layer".