Re: access log files for virtual domain

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 01:03:46 +0800 (HKT)

S.L. Chan wrote:
> I have just setup the squid cache 1.14 as a httpd accelerator with Apache
> on BSDI
> It works find. However I notice in all the log files for our virtual
> domains, the clients ip address all become the same one and that ip address
> is one of the virtual host address. That is very strange. Is that supposed
> to be like that?

Yes, because the accelerator is the one reading from the origin server.

Possible solutions:
1. Analyze the accelerator log instead.
2. Log the X-Forwarded-For header, which is the IP address of the requestor.
   This won't work if the cache HITs.

Cheers,

--
Miguel A.L. Paraz                                              +63-2-750-2288
IPhil Communications, Makati City, Philippines           http://www.iphil.net