How to launch squid

From: zozime <Zozime@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 1997 15:54:12 +0000

I grabbed the squid 1.1.14 from the Internet. I tried to install it
by following the Install and readme files associated. When I launched
with RunAccel and RunCache, it fails after few moment (five trys i
think). When i use squid to launch it on the background, the pid file
is created but it doesn't cache anything!
- Isn't it a standalone deamon or must I launch it on the bakground?
- What might be the cause which make it not to cahche?
- I want to use it as proxy, http accelerator at once only for my own
network, what have I to do?

Zozime RAKOTONDRAZAFY
zozime@compro.mg
MADAGASCAR