Re: First question

From: Oskar Pearson <oskar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 00:59:34 +0200

Hi

> Anytime I try with lynx to use squid (I set it into the lynx.cfg file) to
> access to my own web server at the URL "www.peoples.it" I get the same error page:
>
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
> * Invalid URL syntax
>
> while in the log file I find the following message:
>
> ERR_INVALID_URL: /www.peoples.it/
>
> I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. But, what?
I am pretty sure that you are using the wrong option for the cache
config in lynx.

if you run tcsh and type:

setenv http_proxy http://cache.domain.com:3128/
setenv ftp_proxy http://cache.domain.com:3128/
lynx http://www.peoples.it/

does it work? If so, check the format of the lynx rc file.

Oskar

--
"Haven't slept at all. I don't see why people insist on sleeping. You feel
so much better if you don't. And how can anyone want to lose a minute -