Squid and msie and NTLM authentication

From: Jacques Gelinas <jack@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:51:34 -0400 (EDT)

I have seen in the FAQ that this is not supported. I have read and read
the various mailing list archive about squid and it does not seem to be
discussed at all. Am I missing something ?

What I understand of the NTLM authentication scheme is that IIS 3.0
require this from MSIE client and in some case, this is the only scheme
allowed. This make usage of squid all of a sudden impractical in most
organisation.

Again, am I missing something ?

Jacques Gelinas (jacques@solucorp.qc.ca)
Linuxconf: The ultimate administration system for Linux.
see http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/linuxconf
new developments: mail to fax gateway, Apache, Samba