Re: Cisco cache engine / forced caching.

From: Julian Anderson <Julian.Anderson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:03:09 +1300

>> The Cisco guy said that it would support ICP when it became an
>> internet standard, whatever that means.
>
>?? No, ICP will be supported in the next major release of the Cache Engine
>Software. ICP is a informational RFC, so it will never be a "Internet
>Standard."

I thought it sounded odd when he said it, but he was in full swing and
I didn't want to interrupt his rhythm :-).

Can you provide us with any more information about the underlying
algorithm, most specifically the refresh algorithm? The site where
I'm contemplating installing has several squid caches downstream and I
(and I 'spect a number of other squiders) am interested in how it
might affect these systems.

Thanks,

Jules Anderson