Re: Much wanted feature.

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:45:17 -0500 (EST)

Oh man... One would need a LOT of disk space for that. Even massive 20+ GB
caches can't manage to cache a big enough chunk of the Internet to exceed
about 20-30% hits (well, 20-30% hits for their sibling caches). I have no
idea how much disk you would need to cache a significant chunk of the
Internet, but I would guess you'd need well over 100 GB.

As for mounting a cache_dir remotly, I think others have had only bad luck
with this. My guess is that it would be very slow, although I havn't ever
tried it.

        -Bill