Re: Much wanted feature.

From: Umar Goldeli <umar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:56:38 -0500 (EST)

> As for mounting a cache_dir remotly, I think others have had only bad luck
> with this. My guess is that it would be very slow, although I havn't ever
> tried it.

I don't know about Windoze, but I've mounted a 4.3 Gb cache_dir via NFS
under Linux before (note that the two machines were basically right next
to each other on the same hub) and had no problems - although this was
only for about a month with max 3000 requests/hour.

> > Reason:
> > Allow cacheing of the whole Internet

I love the line above though... it's always been a dream of mine... :)

--Umar.