Re: Cache index mangled?

From: David J N Begley <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:21:15 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Dancer wrote:

> This is probably an anomalous occurance, rather than a bug. I'm curious
> if anyone's seen anything resembling it before, though.

Yes - a few months ago, the AFR home page (Australian Financial Review)
suddenly became some other wierd site .. turned out that we were scoring
"hits" on peer proxies who had inherited the wrong page for that URL, and
thus we were getting it in turn.

No idea how our peers got it, though. :-(

Just "one of those things"...

dave