Re: Redirecting squid requests through an anti-virus proxy

From: Keith Heinemann <khman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 19:42:04 -0500 (EST)

> I would use two squids then, and place the antivirus between them.
>
> users -> squid with cache -> antivirus -> squid not caching -> parents/neighbors
>
> Seems like the easiest way to me...
>
> --
> Bernd bziller@ba-stuttgart.de

Which brings up the question:
     How do you configure a minimalist squid that doesn't do any caching?
Would you set cache_mem to 0 is squid.conf and swap to 0, and expire
everything instantly with the refresh? Would squid still need to retrieve
objects temporarily into ram? I ask as I have a need for a proxy-only
squid config.

                        -keith