Re: squid -k reconfigure

From: WWW server manager <webadm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:24:12 +0000 (GMT)

Francois Renou wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running squid v1.116 with the nice proxy_auth patch. So proxying is
> authenticated and I let the users change their passwords whenever they
> want through a cgi. For their new password to be taken into account we
> have to "squid -k reconfigure" (for example through a cron"). My problem
> is that when I reconfigure squid all browsers in activity (fetching
> pages through http) lose the proxy (pop-up no proxy available....) and
> have to be restarted (I mean reload doesn't work neither SHIFT
> reload....).
> Did I miss something in my squid configuration?

See the current thread about "Redundancy" on this mailing list ... When
you tell Squid to reconfigure, it stops listening for new connections,
and waits a while (configurable) for existing requests to complete before

                                John Line

--
University of Cambridge WWW manager account (usually John Line)
Send general WWW-related enquiries to webmaster@ucs.cam.ac.uk