squid -k reconfigure

From: Francois Renou <francois.renou@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 10:08:27 -0800

Hi,

I'm running squid v1.116 with the nice proxy_auth patch. So proxying is
authenticated and I let the users change their passwords whenever they
want through a cgi. For their new password to be taken into account we
have to "squid -k reconfigure" (for example through a cron"). My problem
is that when I reconfigure squid all browsers in activity (fetching
pages through http) lose the proxy (pop-up no proxy available....) and
have to be restarted (I mean reload doesn't work neither SHIFT
reload....).
Did I miss something in my squid configuration?

TIA