Re: Real IP Adress

From: kendall <kendall@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 07:58:23 +1100 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Hasan Kahveci wrote:

> Can i send real ip adress from my squid proxy server to web server.
> Now web servers detect my proxys ip adres but i want to send users ip adress
> to web server.

i'm about to dive back into the documentation, but since this message
appeared i thought i'd throw in a related query:

my squid log (access.log) is formatted in what appears to be Common Log
Format - however, the ip address that appears where the 'remote host'
should be is instead my system's network address. is there a config option
somewhere that i need to set?

thanks,

--
    If you could read fast enough, this would be a subliminal message...
  Kendall Lister, Systems Operator for Charon I.S. - kendall@charon.net.au