Re: FTP-GET

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:40:56 +0100

There is much better tools for that.. I usually uses lynx or similar to
fetch various kinds of objects, but there is a couple of good batch FTP
fetchers available if you search a bit.. But ftpget should be quite
trivial to use stand alone (check the available options).

ftpget - server /pub/files/textfile A anonymous nobody@nowhere
ftpget - server /pub/files/binfile I anonymous nobody@nowhere
>/home/myhome/binfile
(ftpget only supports output to STDOUT nowdays)

As a side note: There is no ftpget in Squid 1.2. The FTP protocol is now
merged into the main process like the other protocols.