Re: Non-anonymous FTP - Problems when Password contains '#'

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 22:26:41 +0100

To do this you have two options:

1. Dont embed the password in the URL. Then Squid will require proper
authentication before processing the request using the normal
authentication mechanism.

   http://mboen@ftp.uu.net/

2. Escape the # as %23 (23 == hex code for #)

The first one is preferred by a number of reasons.

---
Henrik Nordström