Basic Stupid Question - Using the HTTP interface to Squid.

From: Dave <dburwell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 16:05:37 -0800

  I try to use the HTTP interface for Squid, and I get a:

info: lifeline200:80

dated Mon Dec 8 16:01:32 1997

ERROR:HTTP/1.0 400 Cache Access Denied

Error

Access Denied

Sorry, you are not currently allowed to request:
    cache_object://lifeline200/info@A-Password>

from this cache. Please check with the cache administrator if you believe
this is incorrect.

  Squid is running as the http user, and I am giving it the http user
password. But I always get the message. Any suggestions? Squid is running
as http-accel for an Apache web server on this same machine. The DNS CNAME
is squid, and it acts the same.
  The squid server has been up and operational for the last 4 weeks, no
problems. I had to add the Apache to allow a proxy.pac file for the
Browsers, and I wanted to get it to support the cgi for Squid status.
Dave