Re: Suggestion

From: David Luyer <luyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:55:59 -0800

> David Luyer <luyer@ucs.uwa.edu.au> writes:
> > As for why it's not implemented - I guess nobody likes the idea enough to
> > implement it, or people see some problem which I can't see...
>
> Or maybe they realize that a cache is just that: a cache. It holds no important
> information and in most cases is refilled within a couple days.

A cache often holds around $7,000 worth of 'unimportant data', though, that
people don't want to re-fetch. Maybe being in America you don't see the
point that is so blatantly obvious to people in other parts of the world -
that data is expensive to re-fetch and, especially if you provide a search
engine for it, but even if you don't - a lot of the data is re-used and
real savings are made.

David.