Redirectors

From: Dodd Graham Civ UCSS/SCBS <graham.dodd@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 16:06:27 +0100

Many thanks to all who emailed me about redirectors, squid is now in a
test phase before we start blocking.

Q1. Can I specify certain IP addresses that can access banned sites,
while most users are limited. No the sys admins are NOT perverts!!
We're trying to limit users who download software from unauthorized
sources (like Microsoft) before it's been tested and approved, which is
part of my job.

Q2. Banned access gets redirected to another Linux box running httpd to
pull up our custom page, but when the web server had a network problem
then squid allowed access to the banned URL's, is this correct?

TIA

Graham

Graham K Dodd
Network Systems Analyst