Re: Squid running as root

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 1997 01:42:57 -0500 (EST)

You need to define cache_effective_user <username> <group> to make Squid
run as the user/group you want. Squid will run as whatever you tell it,
just make sure Squid has the access it needs to the cache and logs, and
etc (or wherever you have your squid.conf) directories. You might also
want to try upgrading to Squid 1.1.19 which *might* help your xcalloc
problems, otherwise try the usual GNU libmalloc and such.

        -Bill