Re: How I can force my users to use squid

From: Chuck Pitre <chuck@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 10:52:27 -0500 (EST)

There are many ways you can go about doing that
1) mass email users with your settings and take alot of tech calls
(ught..)
2) setup and automatic jscript that points the browsers to the proxy
(pretty good, generates few tech calls)
3) filter out port 80 on your router and redirect the traffic straight to
the proxy server. Forces everyone on your network to use the proxy
without setting up settings. This is the one that I am implementing
shortly (I'm an ISP also;)

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, A.Saeed wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:15:43 +0500 (PKT)
> From: "A.Saeed" <arsh@its.super.net.pk>
> To: squid-users@nlanr.net
> Subject: How I can force my users to use squid
>

> Dear fellows :
>
> I have setup the Squid.We are ISPs.
> Now I have a task to enforce my users to set their browsers to use proxy .
> Its very difficult to enforce individually.I tried to mail them but it
> didn't work.Is there any way I can do anything to make their way towards
> squid.The mind of People concerning Proxy is quite different(not good).
> Please lemme know.
>
> Thanx in advance.
> Regards
> arshad

Chuck Pitre chuck@vianet.on.ca
ViaNet Internet Solutions Technical Consultant
128 Larch Street ph: 675-0400
P3E 5J8 fax: 675-0404