Re: How I can force my users to use squid

From: Amos Shapira <amos@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 00:42:22 +0200

In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.980114105033.8931C-100000@icewall.vianet.on.ca> you w
rite:
|3) filter out port 80 on your router and redirect the traffic straight to
|the proxy server. Forces everyone on your network to use the proxy
|without setting up settings. This is the one that I am implementing
|shortly (I'm an ISP also;)

I'd be interested to hear about your experience. I'm not an ISP, but I'm
running one (:-) and the recent talks about path MTU made be a bit worried
about taking this step.

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st. | glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805 | by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL amos@gezernet.co.il | -- Anonymous