Re: How to config 'FTP Explorer.exe' to use proxy ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 00:14:23 +0100

Use a FTP PROXY server. Squid is a HTTP proxy server acting as a
HTTP->FTP gateway for HTTP clients, not a FTP proxy for FTP clients.

There are several available, and the most common one is probably ftp-gw
in the TIS toolkit. the TIS ftp-gw is a plain FTP proxy without any
caching.

There is no known way to connect a FTP proxy and Squid (or another HTTP
proxy server). See the list archives for extensive discussions on why
this hasn't been done (yet).

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker