Re: cache busy!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:40:23 +0100

Oeschey, Lars wrote:

> Help!
>
> since i put squid as our official proxy, i get often the message "cache
> is busy, try later". It´s a Intel P166/ w64Mb RAM.
> sometimes I even get just nothing but a timeout. Where should i fiddle
> with my configuration? Should i post some part of my squid.conf? This is
> really urgent, since our users have their teeth in my neck ;)

You need to give Squid more filedescriptors to handle the load. See the
FAQ for description on how to do this on various OS:es.

http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-10.html#ss10.4

Linux for example defaults to 256 filedescriptors per process, and
/proc/sys/kernel/inode-max in total (actual value varies depending on
memory configuration). Each active request uses 2-3 file descriptors.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker