Squid and FTP caching problem

From: Mike Peyer <mpeyer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:21:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm running squid 1.1.18 on a UltraSparc and I faced
the following FTP problem:

when I try to get an ASCII file using Netscape,
(i.e. a README or a 00index.txt file),
Netscape want to save it on the disk (the file type is recognised
as binary/octet-stream instead of text/plain).
This doesn't happen when I disable caching for FTP, and the file
is showed as plain text on the Netscape window.

Is that the normal behaviour ? Is there a work-around ?
It is very annoying saving the file only to see the content.

Please, answer by email too, thanks.

Cheers,
  Mike (mpeyer@cscs.ch)