Re: squid configure file.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 14:40:56 +0100

Alfredo Botelho wrote:

> --prefix=/opt/squid --sysconfidir=/var/squid/etc --localstatedir=/var/squid

Squid configure is not adopted to use --localstatedir...

> this has the unfortunate result of using my /opt partition
> for its cache directories. How do I force it to be use my
> /var partition

The idea is that you use configure to configure the binary, then read
throught squid.conf for runtime configuration (includes cache
directory/size, access control, logging, ....).

You should not run Squid without reading throught atleast some parts of
Squid.conf.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker