Re: redirection

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:47:50 +1000

David J N Begley wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Mike wrote:
>
> > It is unfortunate when people start off asking simple questions and then
> > continue doing it.
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of computing! :-) The reason this happens
> is simple really - companies (ahem, Microsoft) advertise their products as
> "easy to administer" to management, so management goes out and buys into
> this "solution". Of course, the reality is that no computer (no matter
> how neat the GUI) is "easy to administer" .. you still have to know what's
> going on under the hood before you can effectively do your job (to be
[etc..lots of wonderful prose clipped]

Well said, David. You always was such a smooth talker :)

Actually, I have a question of my own (one of my infrequent ones). One
of our servers has lost a cache-bucket. Well, the contents of one,
anyway. Empty. Nada.

It's complaining that it can't open a file in that bucket. About every
ten seconds. I presume that it's part of the store-maintenance cycle,
but that it would give up and move on.

I guess not. So. Anyone got a good idea on how to stop it doing this?