Re: lost bucket

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 17:33:30 +0200

Dancer wrote:

> Actually, I have a question of my own (one of my infrequent ones). One
> of our servers has lost a cache-bucket. Well, the contents of one,
> anyway. Empty. Nada.
>
> It's complaining that it can't open a file in that bucket. About every
> ten seconds. I presume that it's part of the store-maintenance cycle,
> but that it would give up and move on.
>
> I guess not. So. Anyone got a good idea on how to stop it doing this?

storeSwapInStart should recover after a while.. Each time it encounters
a swapin failure it should forget about that particular object.

If the directory isn't writeable (no permission, not a directory, out of
inodes, ...), then you may see storeSwapOutStart errors. I don't think
Squid recovers automatically in this situation and I beleive this is
your problem... storeSwapInStart shows the URL, not the swap file name,
storeSwapOutStart shows the swap file name.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker