Re: transparent cisco configuration

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 21:55:19 -0500 (EST)

Unfortunately, set ip next-hop address1 address2 doesn't work with IOS
11.3(2). I've heard reports it works with an older version though, 11.1(7)
for example. Strange that this feature would be taken out in a more
recent release, perhaps its a now a bug.

I'm probably going to end up writing a util to make a test connection to
the proxy server periodically (can someone suggest a suitable squid or
HTTP request for this purpose?), and if it fails to respond due to the
host not being available or the squid daemon not being up, a policy change
would be made automatically on the cisco via SNMP or telnet.

Thanks.

- lv