Re: Multi-Host vs. Single Host

From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:29:11 -0500

Depends on load, and the machines. I've ran this setup:

5x86/133 (P75ish)
40mb ram
2gb EIDE 4500 RPM
FreeBSD 2.2.2ish

I was running:

apache
squid
nntpcache
realaudio server
sendmail
bind
smbd (unix -> Win3.11/95/NT file sharing)
and running lots of little monitoring proggies.

Load average was about .25 average. 15 dialups, 5 domains served by
apache (maybe 20 hits per minute total), 56k DS0 line.

JS