Increasing listen() queue length on heavy loaded linux.

From: Jaeho Yang <jhyang@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:31:07 +0900

Good day everyone..

When I have used squid on linux, I encounterd *blocking phenomenen*
sometimes.
That server is processing *so many requests* (60~100 requests /sec).
The server 's throughput stops for 4~5 seconds when blocking phenomenen
occurrs.

I found similar problem reports on apache web site.

    http://www.apache.org/docs/misc/perf.html#Linux

But the link embedded in HTML is out of date..
I found that the problem is queue length limitation of listen() or
accept(), but I could not
found how to fix it in linux..

Could you give information about such a problem..

---
Jaeho Yang
jhyang@nuri.net