Ports under 1024

From: Jim Deitch <jdeitch@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 13:16:26 -0700 (PDT)

I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer to this.

I would like Squid to listen on port 80 and port 8080. I have
installed the multiple ports patch and it seems to work except
for one thing. When Squid tries to open port 80, the system doesn't
allow it. I think this is because of Squid not running as root.
How can I get squid to liten on port 80?

System:

HP/UX 9.01
Squid 1.1.21

I don't think it is a squid problem per se, because I have had this
problem since version 1.1.18.

Thanks,
Jim