Re: how to find a good port?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 06:08:21 +0200

Bill Wichers wrote:

> My understanding is the transparent proxies run into some
> problems regarding what gets and does not get cached and
> such when they are used in a hierarchy.

Only if improperly configured/compiled. 1.1.21 and 1.2beta has the same
support for transparent proxies, and it is very close to a normal proxy
with respect to caching and hierarchies.

The key issue is to enable the use of Host: headers. Without it a
transparen cache is badly braindamaged even when running standalone, but
especially when peering in a hierarchy.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker