Re: Advice on a HUGE configuration: !!!+800 Hits/sec!!!.

From: John Lauro <jlauro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 98 09:18:54 -0500

On 26 Apr 1998 12:17:25 +0800, Michael O'Reilly wrote:

>> We are experimenting with a dual LAN card to handle the incoming
>> requests via one interface and forward the requests via other interface,
>> to alleviate the interface congestion.
>
>If you're running full duplex, that won't be a consideration I should
>think. And keeping it on the one card will reduce the number of
>interrupts.

Be very careful with full duplex. Most combinations of switch/NIC do
not work as well together as vendors would like you to think. You can
stress test it with 2-3 clients and have no problem, but as soon as
half a dozen clients start stress testing to one server you can often
get better performance from half duplex.