Re: filedescriptor leak on 1.2b20

From: Apiset Tananchai <aet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 15:22:59 +0700 (ICT)

> > If this is the cause, then you should see a fair amount of
> > filedescriptors marked as "half-closed" as well. If not please send a
> > message to squid-bugs@nlanr.net.
>
> Maybe this is not the cause, I only see around 15-20 filedescriptors
> marked as 'half-closed' while >2000 descriptors were used by connections
> to no route host. BTW, I'll try to apply your patch and let you know if it
> fix the problem.

Henrik,

Your patch does not help. I'm still having problem after trying to fetch
the site that has no route to. The problem does not show when the server
is not busy (before I redirect web traffic to it), it timeout the
connection after "connect_timeout" seconds (I set to 30 seconds, is it a
reasonable value?) passed as it should be. A problem start showing when
the server load increase (after I redirect all web traffic of our offict
to it).

If you need more info to investigate the case, please tell me. I really
need to solve this problem. :)

Thanks for your help,

--
aet