Re: Max 4000 and Transproxy

Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 09:26:04 +1000

Orthan,

We contacted Ascend and were told in no uncertain terms that it was not
possible. The only way they suggested (which we had already done) is block
port 80 and force the users to put there proxies in.

Only other way is if you have a seperate router dialing out and make the
default gateway on your max to be your squid box running transproxy and then
the squid box to the router.. Bit of mucking about but it would work.
Unfortunately our Max box does the dialing out so we are up against a wall.

Regards,

Tim.