Re: Access denied problems

From: Paonia <paonia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 16:49:04 -0400 (EDT)

> > > Joe,
> > > I habe tried this site 3-6 atleast (waiting for a new release) and it always
> > > fails. tonight I can get it to fail.
> >
> > Were you able to connect without going through a proxy?
> yes.
> >
> > If HighWind have just released a new version of Cyclone, it sounds pretty
> > reasonable that they might just be really busy (and not blocked)..?
> >
> I thought that to but it looks like it is not the case :(
>
> > I don't know - I'm only guessing. But I would be really interested to hear
> > of a web server that explicitly denies access through a proxy.
> >
> Hope to have alist of url that are doing this early next week.
> Will pass them on when I get them.
> thanks
> paonia

Sorry it took so long to get this info to the list. I have two sites that
I am getting access denied from some of the time.
These message always seem to implicate pb.cache.nlanr.net.
Any ideas
thanks

examples #1:

                                     ERROR

   While trying to retrieve the URL:
   http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml

   The following error was encountered:
     * Access Denied.
       Access control configuration prevents your request from being
       allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you
       feel this is incorrect.

   Generated Mon, 25 May 1998 10:00:12 GMT by pb.cache.nlanr.net
   (Squid/1.2.beta21)

example #2:

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>ERROR: The requested URL could not be retrieved</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>ERROR</H1>
<H2>The requested URL could not be retrieved</H2>
<HR>
<P>
While trying to retrieve the URL:
<A HREF="http://www.findagrave.com/">http://www.findagrave.com/</A>
<P>
The following error was encountered:
<UL>
<LI>
<STRONG>
Access Denied.
</STRONG>
<P>
Access control configuration prevents your request from
being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if
you feel this is incorrect.
</UL>
</P>

<hr noshade size=1>
Generated Tue, 26 May 1998 14:02:10 GMT by pb.cache.nlanr.net (<a
href="http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/">Squid/1.2.beta21</a>)
</BODY></HTML>