Re: difference redirector - squid-acl

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 02:07:53 +0200

Oeschey, Lars wrote:
> could someone explain me the difference between using a redirector and
> acl´s in squid.conf? is it performance?

ACL lists is in most times faster than using a redirector.

Using a redirector is more flexible when doing site filtering, as it
allows you to return different errors for different kinds of rejections,
and is external to Squid which allows you to use and method you like to
build the filter.

---
Henrik Nordstrlm
Sparetime Squid Hacker