Proxy-Remote

From: CyberPsychotic <fygrave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 14:25:23 -0500 (GMT+5)

Hello people,
 I am just starting using squid, so my questions might be slightly lame,

 anyway, here i tried to configure squid so it would use some remote
machine, which has its squid installed, just like i did with apache's
directive Remote-Proxy. (it fetches all the sites from that machine).
(i just did cache_host that machine, is it correct?) however it still
 gets requested URLs directly. Do I have anything wrong done here?

and there was another problem:
 a friend of mine has squid installed behind the firewall, on his machine
which uses internal DNS, all he need to do is nearly the same thing, use
central firewall machine as proxy-gateway for fetching stuff, (instead of
attempting it directly). However, when he runs squid, it reports that it
can not perform DNS checks correctly (after 5 tries) and then gives up
completly..
 any ideas what's wrong here?

Thanks beforehands
 Fyodor