Re: Squid redirector script

From: Bertold Kolics <bertold@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:44:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> now the non-configurable one just returns another web page of choice BUT
> carn't include the original address in it? so I would also like the perl
> script to change this to another address including the original site in it.
> THE other redurector squirm might also return a site which the perl script
> will pick up on and this tell's it to ignore the other redirector (this is
> when I want to override the other redirector)
>
> Idea's anybody??

I have 2 (possibly crazy) ideas:

1) extract tons of URLs from access.log files and feed it into your
unconfigurable redirector. And look at the result. You will know what is
filtered out and what is not. You can take this list and put it into
squirm ;-)).

2) write a simple front-end which calls every time squirm and the
unconfigurable redirector and evaluates the result.

Cheers,
Bertold