Re: sslReadClient: FD 13: read failure: (232) Connection reset

From: Michael Pelletier <mikep@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:55:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Sparks, Alan wrote:

> I'm running Squid 1.1.20 + Retry here on HP/UX 10.20. Works great,
> except a problem with some sites running SSL...
>
> I'm getting occasion (but persistent) failures on some sites, with
> the message
> sslReadClient: FD 13: read failure: (232) Connection reset
> by peer logged. The customer's browser (NN 3.0x) errors out with a
> "connection refused" popup.
>
> Anyone know what this message is trying to tell me? Thanks in
> advance.

This basically means that the connection was dropped at the remote end
without closing it down properly. Usually it relates to a client that
crashes or is aborted in the middle of a dialogue with the server. I
see numerous instances of that message here, and nobody's complaining,
so I figure it can't be serious -- particularly when compared to stuff
people *do* complain about. ;-)

> Alan Sparks, IS Engineering Support
> <asparks@harris.com>
> Harris Network Support Systems, Camarillo CA (805) 389-2430

Harris, eh? Maybe you could talk Baseview Products into installing a
Squid server so my wife will have better web access at work... :-)

        -Mike Pelletier.