Re: Small problems with squid configuration.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:31:41 +0200

David Darville wrote:

> But with that version I could not configure it to allow the other
> squid to fetch objects without demabding password, even when
> following the instructions from the faq paragraph 10.7, I just get
> a "aclParseAclLine: Invalid ACL type 'proxy_auth' " error.

This is because a unpatches 1.1.X does not support ACL based proxy
authentication. You need the proxy auth patch to do this in 1.1.X.

> Therefore I would ask if there exists a version of the pauth patch,
> then the out used in the redhat squid package, because I really like
> the possiblity to use an external probram to verify the passwords.

There exists a bugfix to the proxy auth patch that stops it from
crashing on strange requests. I don't know where that bugfix is.

> And second how to configure a proxy_auth enabled squid to allow
> nighbour caches to fetch obejcts without demanding passwords.

The only way is to have proxy_auth ACL support (proxy auth patch to
1.1.X, included in 1.2). In the distributed 1.1.X sources proxy
authentication is either all or none.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker