Re: HTTP accelerator mode - fallback options

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 03:02:06 +0200

Jon Drukman wrote:

> that's no good. i'm primarily worried about two sites having
> similar content but being slightly out of sync. in case one site
> is missing the entity i'd like squid to go to the other one.

That's a hard one. You want it to fall back on another server if the
primary server gives a valid error... I don't think this will ever be
added to Squid unless you make it.

If you know beforehand that the certain entities is out of sync then you
can write a redirector that redirects requests for those to the second
server.

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker