Re: mrtg for Squid

From: Matija Grabnar <Matija.Grabnar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 09:19:24 +0200

> Did anybody put mrtg-for-squid to work on a Linux box?
>
> I got these errors when I run cstat manually:
>
> Use of uninitialized value at ./cstats line 54.
> Use of uninitialized value at ./cstats line 64.
> Undefined subroutine &main::decode_month called at ./cstats line 69.
>
> I downloaded the needed packages (I guess!) from CPAN except for DataCalc.
You mean Date::DateCalc.

> This one I could not find. I found Calc that seems NOT to be the same thing
> (see 3rd error above). Where can I find the correct package?

Unfortunately, the author chose to rename that module after I released
mrtg-for-squid. I'll fix that in the next release. A quick scan
through Date::Calc's shows that decode_month is now called Decode_Month.

> I am also not sure if "ps" comand line `ps -acgwux` will work as expected on
> Linux (actually I am using -acwux since "g" is not accepted by it!).
You will have to adapt the command line to the ps command to your system.
Unfortunately, every system seems to have a different ps.

You will also probably have to change the code which parses the output from ps.
When you find a setting that works for you, could you please mail it to me so I
can include it in the next release?

Best regards,
    Matija Grabnar

--
"My name is Not Important. Not to friends.
    But you can call me mr. Important"  - Not J. Important