Can't Refresh with transparent proxy.

From: ®}¹ü°· <Bike@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 17:37:06 +0800

When I press the [Refresh] bottom on the browser, it will send out a
refresh request, right? Is the that request different based on whether
I specify the proxy in the browser?

The situation is:
I build up a transparent proxy system with squid 1.1.22 and ACEswitch
several days ago. There is a guestbook on a web site, and we can leave
some message on the guestbook. After pressing the [Refresh] bottom
on the browser (I.E. 4.0), the new message should be showed on the page.

When I specify the proxy in the browser, this function performs well;
but
if I don't specify the proxy, and let the switch redirect the HTTP
requests
(any request to port 80) to the squid box, the page is not refreshed.

What I guess is:
1. The browser only skip the cache of the local disk send a ordinary
HTTP
    request if you didn't specify the proxy in the browser. And It add
    something in the header of HTTP request, if I specify the proxy.

2. There something I miss something with the configuration of squid.

This is the second time for this question, please give me any
suggestion.

 <___
( ) ( )
Any comment, please [mailto:Bike@hgc.com.tw].
Because of the policy of my company, we use our Chinese name for sender.

I'm very sorry for the indiscriminate characters, if you can't see
Chinese.