Re: squid 1.2b23 and extern proxy-auth patch

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:17:51 -0600

"Sparks, Alan" writes:

>So, the new b23 squid is out... The 1.2beta22 external proxy auth patch fails to
>apply, cuz of all the changes. Tried manually applying the rejects, but lucky
>me the result just hangs my browser.
>
>Any ideas on when a replacement patch will be available, and when this will
>actually incorp into the squid baseline code (please!)?

Arjan's external proxy auth patch replaces the "internal" proxy
authentication (correct me if I'm wrong!) so everyone who is currently
using internal proxy authentication would have to reconfigure things
to use the external method.

I'm not sure if people want to do that....?

>PS: anyone else see a corrupted gzip file when uncompressing the diff from b22
>to b23?

It tests fine here.

Duane W.