transparent proxying

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:32:57 +0300

hello,
I want to use transparent proxying on my system but I have a problem...
what if something happens to squid process and it dies? then nobody
would
be able to connect if somebody makes it run again is not it? or is there
way to say to router that if you can't get response from squid then use
the normal way?

well, I am too lazy to look at mailing archives before I know that the
solution of
my problem is there =) if there is somebody seen some email about the
solution
then I would like to look at mailing list, just tell me please : )

thank you