Squid and MSIE 3.x

From: Gudbjorn Hreinsson <gsh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 10:48:34 +0100

We have now high reports of users with MSIE 3.x who have
irregular problems getting web pages through Squid 1.1.22
on Linux 2.0.34.

The problem is that Squid seems to sometimes have a problem
closing the last tcp connection to the client, hanging with
a socket in a FIN-WAIT2 state, i.e. the client has not acked
the last close, but only (reported by) clients with MSIE 3.x.

This seems not related to any changes to our setup, all routes
are correct, and Squid is a stock release from nlanr.

The various debugging options have not shown anything interesting.

This seems more tcp/ip related than Squid, but if anyone has a idea
or has seen this before I would be obliged.

Regards,

Gudbjorn Hreinsson
Skima ltd.
ICELAND