Re: squid inside firewall & ftp URLs

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 01:31:18 +0200

Pavel Paprok wrote:

> Machine A has therefore configured as "cache_host" parent squid (B)
> and because it is its only connection with external world also added
> line inside_firewall none.

Same setup works like a charm in my test setup.

inside_firewall none
cache_host B parent 3128 3130

Squid 1.1.21

ftpget is not used on requests passed up to a parent. The request is
passed up the proxy chain the same way as a http request is (it is a
HTTP request until it reaches the last proxy, which contacts the ftp
server)

What is the error returned?
What is shown in squid.out and access.log?

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker